Guardian Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on the Guardian War series

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zombie story (not finished)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Katie
Admin
Katie

Zombie story (not finished) Empty
PostSubject: Zombie story (not finished)   Zombie story (not finished) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:01 pm

The Zombie Apocalypse
By Matthew Maines
Edited by Angela Fowler

As they walked into the house, the five friends all looked around. Jenny, the medic from Iraq, Max, the marine, also from Iraq, Katie, the MMA fighter trying to become the champion, Daniel, the infantry man in training, and Matt, the sharpshooter and zombie enthusiast. The friends spilt up into pairs, but only Daniel and Matt had to take one more person. Max and Katie went upstairs as Jenny, Matt, and Daniel took downstairs. Max and Katie, finally making it upstairs, checked one of the upstairs bedrooms. Max had a Colt 45 and Katie had a small Bowie knife as well as training in hand-to-hand combat. Daniel had a revolver and Matt had a machete and a small Bowie knife.

There was an strange silence as Katie opened the door upstairs. Max quickly entered and made sure the room was clear. Jenny was in-between Matt and Daniel, Jenny opened the door and Matt and Daniel quickly entered, nothing was in the room but a bed, a nightstand with a lamp, and some water. After clearing the house with more room checking for supplies and others, the group got back together in the living room, sat down and started talking about what to do next. Daniel said " I think we should move on and look for more-" Matt cut in and said "I don't think that's a good idea, it's better to stay in at night and move during the day, but I think we should board up the windows." Katie and Jenny agreed and everyone got up to grab some of the left over wood on the ground outside. After three hour's of hammering and moving dressers and a broken fridge over windows."okay, sleeping arrangements are Daniel and Matt upstairs, Jenny and Katie in the room next to them, and I will keep watch, then it will be Matt and Daniel's then, it's Jenny and katie's turn. We will switch off every four hours" Max said, he then walked down stairs and kept his hand on his colt and made sure that everything was boarded up and the supplies were all in check and safe.

Four hours after the first watch Matt and Daniel got up and they both went down stairs and looked out cracks in the boarded windows and they raced back up stairs to warn the others about what was outside. Matt ran into where Max was sleeping and Daniel ran into where Jenny and Katie where sleeping and woke them. All of them now awake went down stairs, most of them groggy, but still awake enough to comprehend what was about to happen. Jenny, Katie and Max all ran back upstairs, grabbing their weapons and made their way back down to the first floor. Suddenly, boards on the windows in the dinning room started to break, just as what was outside broke a couple boards Matt ran over and hit it with his machete four times before it stopped moving. As everyone started to kill what ever was in their sights that was unfriendly basement door started to make a loud noise, just as quickly as the noise started the door fell. From the dust of the floor a man came, but this wasn't just a man he was infected and ultimately a zombie. The first one on the shot was Max with two bullets in it's head it fell dead to the ground, Katie and Jenny both where working moving the dinning room table in front of the now open basement. With Matt and Daniel covering them Jenny and Katie nailed down the table to the door frame.

Many hours of keeping the zombies on the outside and them safe on the inside the attack finally subsided, Matt and Daniel unbarred one window and went out around sunrise outside to look for another house and hopefully find more survivors or supplies. Three hours and thirty minutes after they left they came back, with a backpack half full of canned foods and a box of 9mm ammunition. Daniel was the first inside while Matt covered him but while they were out they found two people, a girl named Angela and a guy named Sebastian. That night Max, Daniel and Katie walked upstairs to talk to the other two new people. When they arrived in Jenny and Katie's room they found Jenny looking over Sebastian and Angela to make sure they weren't bitten or bleeding. "Since we don't have any extra weapons for you you'll have to go out with Matt and Dan tomorrow and look for something to use." Max said "While we are all here let's tell each other about ourselves I'll start, I am twenty-seven and I'm a marine with close quarters training and I scored in the top five in my division for using pistols." Jenny stood up and said "I'm a combat medic from the same division that Max was in, I just got back from Iraq I am thirty-two." katie stood up next "I am twenty-one I've been fighting in MMA for about three years, I'm very good with cooking and using knives." Daniel said "I am eighteen, and good with pistols I was going to basic military training in two weeks but this stopped me from going." Matt got up " I am sixteen, birthday is in seven days and I am quick with a sword, knifes, and I'm good with rifles and pistols." next Sebastian stood up " I am eighteen, I'm good with just about anything" Angela stood up and said "I am good with knifes and I'm a a excellent cook." Max got up again "Well now that we all know each other Matt, Daniel, Angela, and Sebastian you will be in a group and Jenny, Katie, and I will be in another group, but for now let's get some rest. Same rotation as last night, let the new guys get some rest."

The next morning the group of now seven awoke to a sunny but rainy morning. The first ones up where Matt, Daniel, Angela, and Sebastian, they went down stairs check the the in-between of the windows and went to the supply closet to get some food. The next person down was Katie and then Jenny. By the time they made it down stairs the four already down stairs where leaving out the window out of the dinning room to find more supplies and extra ammunition, and look for more survivors. "do you want to split up into pairs or stick with just going as we are now?" Daniel asked " I think it's best to stay as we are now" Sebastian said. As they walked down the road the group came across a neighborhood that was look almost as if a war was held. Walking though the neighborhood the group stopped, "Angela and I" Matt said " we will take the house's on the left, Daniel and Sebastian will take the right" Daniel and Sebastian nodded and took off to the right, just as Matt and Angela went to the left. As Matt opened the door into a grassy green house he almost fell back with disgust, covering his nose and mouth he walked into the house. Angela walked up stairs and started to go through the closets and cabinets in the bathroom to see if any medical supplies were left behind. Matt staying down stairs walked over to were he spied a closed door, he then opened it to find a chair turned around. He called for Angela, just as soon as he called she was next to him, the approached the chair and turned it around quickly. Matt was saddened to find that Mr.Borkowski his teacher was dead, sitting in his office chair with a bottle of half empty cherry vodka and a empty bottle of Advil. Matt picked up the bottle of vodka and put it in his backpack "no sense in letting this go to waste." he said. They continued to search the house picking up small propane tanks and a cutting board. Now entering a gray house with broken windows Daniel and Sebastian carefully looked around for supplies. They found a hatchet some fire wood and as they entered a bedroom some medium to large clothing. Daniel walked into the kitchen, looked into the pantry and found some unopened chips, three cans of corn and a pack of water bottles. Returning to the entrance of the neighborhood they walked back to a big tree they all sat down, taking a black trash bag Daniel gathered the supplies and put them in the tree for safe keeping. As he jumped down from the tree Matt and Sebastian spotted a zombie, Sebastian picked up a baseball bat he had found as him and Matt ran towards it. Sebastian being faster then Matt hit the zombie in the face, blood and teeth going everywhere, falling to floor Matt was right behind him thrusting his machete into it's chest then cutting off it's head.

Waking up to the smell of eggs and potatoes, Max got up after having a horrible dream about the death of his family members. He walked down stairs to find Katie still in her nightgown cooking breakfast. He came up behind her wrapping his arms around her, he hugged her saying " good morning" and walking over to the cooler and getting a bottle of water. Katie still a little surprised of what just said " your in a happier mood then you normally are." Max looked at her and said "I know, I was just thinking of how important you are to me" she blushed a little and replied "here's your breakfast, you got the last potato." Max ate the egg's, stopped and looked at Katie "you want some of this?" she turned around and looked at him and said " no it's alright, I already had something to eat" Max got up, picked up the left overs and handed her the plate "I want you to eat, you need it" then he walked back upstairs to get ready for the day. As he was going up, Jenny was going down he said good morning and she said the same back to him. Max getting up to his room, walked over to his calendar and marked off the date November, 3rd 2011 he sighed, walked over to his bed and reached into his pack back and took out a energy drink he had been saving. He got out a plastic bag and cover the drink up, walked down stairs to see Jenny washing the dishes and Katie finishing up her breakfast. He walked over to a cooler and put the monster deep inside it, then he walked over and sat next to Katie, He put his head down and started to think about the rest of his day, as he did Matt and everyone else came in through the window. He walked across from max put a first aid kit on the table " found this in a house, I think it'll help us a little more." then he sat down in the corner of the dinning room, Angela walked over and sat next to him laying her head on his shoulder "I missed you, I'm glad you found me." she said then Matt put his arm around her. Katie looked over and said "they make such a cute couple" max looked at us and smiled. Daniel and Sebastian looked at each other and went back outside for some fresh air.

Back to top Go down

Zombie story (not finished)
Page 1 of 1