Guardian Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Based on the Guardian War series

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blood Crystal: The tale of Fire and Earth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xenoofthedemon

Blood Crystal: The tale of Fire and Earth Empty
PostSubject: Blood Crystal: The tale of Fire and Earth   Blood Crystal: The tale of Fire and Earth I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Blood Crystal
The tale of Fire and Earth

Chapter 1

In a world where the strange is reality and the mystical is commonplace there are the mountians of Keltic. This is were our story starts. The Keltic Mountains; Snow covered pecks and forests near the bace. Solid rock everywhere else. The mountains form a narutal barrier of the kingdom of Hollenth. Often believed to be the source of strange magics that the people of Hollenth can use. This theory is best proved by the fact that the amount of mages in the area of the kingdom is greater that the amount farthest away. However, the reason behind the mountain's mystic properties was never found, until today. When a group of miners and mages made the greatest discovery of their time. The substance that could infact be the mountain's best kept secret.

The Keltic Mountain has always provided a number of valuables. Protection from invaders. The mountains are tall and their range is long. Scaling these mountains is nearly impossible. Wood from it's forests. Along the bace of the forest and into the Kingdom of Hollenth is a large forest. The people can use all the wood they need from this. The mystic properties of the mountain spread to the earth as well. Trees can grow to full size and strength in weeks. Gold and silver. Some sections have yeilded rich gold and silver mines. These mines are often untouched however. The people believe that taking too much will upset the mountain and all of it's gifts will be taken from them. The mountain also has many spots where iron, copper, and bronze can be found. Much of it is right on the surface of the mountain. Of course the most valuable treasure the mountain offers is the magics. Yes the magic of the mountain has given birth to the mages. People with the ablility to harness te strange powers of the mountain. The magics come in all forms and its up to the user to find out what kind his can use. Some are gifted with the poowers to read the minds of others. Some with the power to form illusions. Some have control over wind or water, while others can heal even the most fatal of wounds. When these powers first emerged in people, the citizens of Hollenth knew it was a gift form the mountain.

Those who could use nad harness the magics where known as Magi or Mages. Those that could not became known as the normals. For a long time, they were content to leave the secrets of the mountain a secret. But questions on how the mount could do such amazing things came to existence, and so too was born the desire to answer those questions. While some believed that the mountain was infact home to a deity, others looked under the mountain for answers. Those who believed that the reason for the mountains power lay deep inside began digging.

The Great Mine was formed. It would be the mine that ran deep into the mountain. Deeper then any other mine that was created in the kingdom. A mine deep enough to find the truth of the mountain's powers. With the help of both Magi and normal, the mine tunneled deep below the surface. Most of what was found was more of the minerals and metals that could be found at the surface. But the digging did not stop. The desire for knowledge was too great. A powerful force, curiousity pushed the miners foward and deeper. But as they tunneled, it became the mountain itself wanted it's secrets to stay the way they were. As the miners tunneled, some miners were swallowed by large holes that would suddently apper under them and dissapper as soon as the miner was shallowed. Cave-ins became increasing more common, and many miners lost their lives. But this only added fuel to a blazing inferno. The miner's both normal and magi, knew they were very close to their goal. The digging continued and the speed that the tunnel was dug increased. Whether out of fear, the desire for knowledge, or some other unseen force, the mine was dug even deeper and faster. The traps and deaths did not end however. Hope that anything would come from the mine but more death quickly ended in the kingdom and the mine was within days of being emptied and shut forever. But then it happened. A cavern was discoveried. What they found inside the cavern would change the kingdom forever.
Back to top Go down

Blood Crystal: The tale of Fire and Earth
Page 1 of 1